The Denver Post
Allen Klosowski, Social / Mobile Business Manager of the Denver Post, has set ambitious revenue objectives for the Denver Post. Alan and his team know the importance of integrating mobile devices and mobile specific content into the Denver Post’s overall news offering and have leveraged Spreed’s technology to do so. They note that:
- 1 in 3 adults in Denver have apps on their phone
- News & Weather is the 2nd most popular App category
- Adult cell phone users who use apps are younger, more educated and more affluent than other adults!
- Regional media companies must dominate their local marketplace with the best news, weather, and nichecontent apps
The Denver Post has built their mobile strategy on three fundamentals:
1) Develop for all major platforms – use optimized web experience for the rest.
2) Dominate local market needs with relevant apps
3) Focus on mobile optimization of ALL content in the Post’s ecosystem.